WHAT WE DO
We provide our region’s most vulnerable populations – children, families and seniors – with one of the most basic necessities: nourishment.
Kids know they will have a hot meal at the end of the day through our Kids Cafe program. They know they won’t go hungry over the weekends with our BackPack program. And during the summer, our Summer Food Service Program ensures they will eat when school is out.
Seniors in our community know someone will check on them to ensure they are safe and provide a nutritious meal, and friendly smile, with our Meals on Wheels program.
Families know they can count on the 320 partner food pantries and soup kitchens we support through our Distribution Center. And they know when they live in an area with limited access to food, our Mobile Pantry will be there for them, providing fresh, nutritious food for well-balanced meals.
By leveraging our partnerships with business, faith-based, non-profit and other organizations, we are able to positively, and significantly, impact neighbors across 34 counties and cities in Central Virginia.
And with the help of our wonderful community of supporters, in fiscal year 2015 (July 2014 – June 2015) FeedMore:
- Distributed 18.6 million meals
- Fed approximately 1,900 children each weekday through our Kids Cafe program
- Distributed 920,482 meals to 56,271 individuals with our Mobile Pantry
- Volunteers delivered more than 298,000 fresh and emergency meals to 1,532 homebound seniors in our Meals on Wheels program
- Distributed more than 357,000 meals through our weekend BackPack program
- Provided nearly 51,000 meals each day