WHAT WE DO
We provide our region’s most vulnerable populations – children, families and seniors – with one of the most basic necessities: nourishment.
Kids know they will have a hot meal at the end of the day through our Kids Cafe program. They know they won’t go hungry over the weekends with our BackPack program. And during the summer, our Summer Food Service Program ensures they will eat when school is out.
Seniors in our community know someone will check on them to ensure they are safe and provide a nutritious meal, and friendly smile, with our Meals on Wheels program.
Families know they can count on the 320 partner food pantries and soup kitchens we support through our Distribution Center. And they know when they live in an area with limited access to food, our Mobile Pantry will be there for them, providing fresh, nutritious food for well-balanced meals.
By leveraging our partnerships with business, faith-based, non-profit and other organizations, we are able to positively, and significantly, impact neighbors across 34 counties and cities in Central Virginia.
And with the help of our wonderful community of supporters, in fiscal year 2016 (July 2015 – June 2016) FeedMore:
- distributed more than 19.2 million meals through our network of partner agencies and programs.
- provided a nutritious snack and/or healthy, hot evening meal to more than 3,000 children each weekday through our Kids Cafe program
- distributed more than 913,000 meals to 56,180 individuals who live in underserved communities with our Mobile Pantry.
- volunteers delivered more than 293,000 fresh and emergency meals to 1,513 homebound seniors and disabled neighbors in our Meals on Wheels program.
- distributed more than 310,750 meals through our BackPack program.
- provided more than 52,000 meals each day to neighbors in need in their times of need.
- made a difference in the lives of the nearly 200,000 children, families and seniors who struggle with hunger.