Meals on Wheels
More than Meals
Feed More’s Meals on Wheels Program helps keep homebound seniors and disabled neighbors independent and in their own homes for as long as possible through providing fresh, diet-specific, made-from-scratch meals in our Community Kitchen. Our Meals on Wheels volunteers provide meals with a friendly smile and safety check every weekday 11 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. (excluding holidays and with flexible delivery options).
As a member of Meals on Wheels America, our program serves between 900-1100 individuals throughout 14 cities and counties in Central Virginia.
Are You Eligible?
To apply you must:
- Reside in our service area (the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Colonial Heights or Hopewell, or the counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Louisa, New Kent, Powhatan or Prince George).
- Be over the age of 18.
- Be homebound (unable to leave the home without difficulty or assistance) and unable to meet basic nutritional needs (unable or have difficulty preparing at least one nutritious meal a day) either temporarily or long term.
- Have no other reliable means of obtaining your daily meals.
- Note: Other household members may be eligible including disabled children and minors for whom you provide primary care and spouses.
How We Determine Your Cost for Meals
No one is turned away from our program due to inability to pay. Our Client Services team works with you to determine:
- Affordable cost for your meals based on a sliding scale determined by your monthly income minus certain expenses.
- If sponsorship opportunities through Feed More, Senior Connections, Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA), Crater District Area Agency on Aging are available.
- Meals on Wheels also accepts SNAP (also known as food stamps) for payment.
Providing All The Essentials
Feed More’s Meals on Wheels works to meet the additional needs of our clients by offering many ancillary services. Here are just a few of the many services MOW provides:
- Microwaves at no cost for clients without a microwave to heat their meals.
- Pet food delivered monthly for clients with dogs or cats.
- Holiday cards and birthday cards for all clients.
- Liquid nutritional supplements, such as Boost or Ensure, for clients needing additional calories or protein due to unintentional weight loss, cancer treatment, etc.
- Box fans and air-conditioning units to at-risk clients in need during the summer.
- Registered Dietitians for nutritional counseling and education.
- Case managers for assessing clients’ mental and physical needs and providing links to resources and support. May include assistance with medications, medical supplies and fuel costs.
- Connections with groups and individuals for transportation to medical appointments.
Apply Online for Meals on Wheels
Print Your Meals on Wheels application
Client Payment Portal