Feed More’s Community Kitchen staff and volunteers prepare a variety of meals each week that are delicious and rich in nutrients and healthy, local ingredients. We’re excited to share some of our favorite recipes that our recipients enjoy through programs like Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program and the Kids Cafe!
This scalloped potato recipe has comfort food written all over it! Perfect for the cold winter months, this delicious side dish is sure to warm you and your loved ones up.
1 oz. onion, chopped
14 oz. ground beef
1/2 oz. low sodium gravy mix
1 pt. water
¼ oz. all purpose flour
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled
1.5 oz. cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and onion together in a skillet. Once browned, remove and save droppings for gravy. Add water and to skillet and heat until just boiling.
- Mix flour and gravy mix together in a small bowl. Once combined add to skillet to thicken. Add pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add beef and onions back to skillet.
- Slice potatoes thinly and add to skillet. Mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture onto large baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese. Return to oven and let bake until the cheese has melted. About 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.