Feed More’s Community Kitchen staff and volunteers prepare a variety of meals each week that are delicious and rich in nutrients and healthy ingredients. We’re excited to share some of our favorite recipes that our recipients enjoy through programs like Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program and the Kids Cafe!
Talk about a summer favorite! Our carrot raisin salad is the perfect side to go along with any summer dish. For those that love a little bit of sweet mixed with a little bit of salt won’t be able to get enough of this delicious treat.
12.5oz. fresh shredded carrots
5 tbsp. raisins
6 ½ tbsp. hot water
4 ¾ tbsp. mayonnaise
1 ¼ tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. granulated salt
1 ¼ tsp. granulated sugar
- Cover raisins with hot water and soak for 30 minutes, or until softened.
- Drain raisins and combine with shredded carrots.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and sugar to create dressing.
- Add dressing to carrot mixture and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.