Feed More’s Community Kitchen staff and volunteers prepare a variety of meals each week that are delicious and rich in nutrients and healthy, local ingredients. We’re excited to share some of our favorite recipes that our recipients enjoy through programs like Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program and the Kids Cafe!
The fall season is almost here, so in celebration of the [hopefully] cooler temperatures heading our way, we’ve pulled together a delicious baked penne marinara dish to share. This meal is packed with yummy and gooey cheese with veggie and tomato sauce- a combination that can’t be beat!
5 oz. penne pasta, dry
1 tsp. oil
Pinch of salt
1 can crushed tomatoes
3 oz. tomato puree
1/3 tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. dried oregano
1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
1/3 oz. onion, chopped fine
2.5 oz. 2 percent cottage cheese
2.5 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
2.5 oz. mozzarella cheese
1.25 oz. provolone cheese, shredded
– Cook penne pasta in salted water. Add oil. Cook until just underdone.
– Drain pasta and let chill.
– Combine tomatoes, puree, onion and seasonings into large pan. Mix and let simmer on low, about 10 minutes.
– Combine cottage cheese, ricotta and mozzarella in mixer. Once blended, add penne pasta and mix well.
– In large baking dish layer sauce and cheese mixture every other layer until you run out.
– Top dish with provolone cheese.
– Cover pan and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes and cheese has melted.