Volunteering is a Work of Heart
Volunteers are the backbone of Feed More and are essential to our mission. We couldn’t do what we do and help our neighbors in their times of need without YOU!
Please make sure you take a few minutes and complete your registration on our new Volunteer portal. Once registered, you’ll be able to easily sign up for shifts, explore new opportunities and update your information and communications preferences in real time.
Feed More is closed on federal holidays including Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Feed More’s commitment to responsible volunteerism remains unwavering. Please remain vigilant, cautious and measured and adhere to the guidelines below:
- All volunteers, Feed More staff and visitors are required to wear a face covering or mask while on our campus.
- All volunteers are scanned for temperature ahead of their volunteer shift.
- Do not volunteer if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Do not volunteer if you have been near someone who is sick or may have been potentially exposed to the COVID-19.
- Do not volunteer if you have traveled or been in contact with anyone who has traveled (regionally, domestically, internationally or on a cruise) in the previous 14 days.
- Please do not shake hands with anyone if you are attending the volunteer project.
- Practice physical distancing during your shift and stay at least 6 feet from others.
Feed More may ask you to leave the volunteer project if you show signs of illness.
Before your volunteer shift, please take a few moments to perform this self-assessment, as recommended by the Virginia Department of Health:
YES or NO, since your last day of volunteer work, or since your last visit to this facility, have you had any of the following:
- A new fever (100.4°F or higher) or a sense of having a fever?
- A new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New chills that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- A new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New muscle aches (myalgia) that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or
- Any other symptom unusual to you?
If your answer is “yes” to any of the above, please stay home and consult your physician. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to limit any unintentional harm toward our staff, volunteers, community partners and our neighbors in need.