Meals on Wheels
More Than a Meal
Focused on individuals who have no reliable means for maintaining a healthy diet, our Meals on Wheels program helps keep homebound seniors independent and in their own homes for as long as possible.
Meals on Wheels also reduces isolation and reassures and comforts families who live far from loved ones, providing recipients with a friendly smile and that important safety check, making the program extend far beyond the meal.
Serving our Community
A member of Meals on Wheels America, FeedMore’s Meals on Wheels program now serves more than 900 individuals throughout the greater Richmond area.
Catering to a range of dietary needs, meals are prepared fresh, and from scratch, in our state-of-the-art Community Kitchen. Caring volunteers pack the nutritious, diet-specific meals and deliver them to the recipient’s front door.
With the help of caring volunteers and dedicated staff, the Meals on Wheels family works together to take care of the people who have often spent their lives taking care of others.
Our Meals on Wheels:
• Has been serving the community since 1967.
• Distributes home-cooked meals to 14 cities and counties in Central Virginia.
• Volunteers deliver the made-from-scratch meals on 92 delivery routes each weekday.
• Caters to 14 therapeutic diets based on our recipient’s specific dietary needs.
• Delivered 293,229 fresh and emergency meals to 1,513 recipients in fiscal year 2016.