Recipe of the month: pasta salad
Feed More’s Community Kitchen staff and volunteers prepare a variety of meals every day that are delicious and rich in nutrients and healthy ingredients. We’re excited to share some of our favorite recipes that our recipients enjoy through programs like Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program and the Kids Cafe.
Pasta salad is a year-round favorite, and our Community Kitchen makes some of the best. This vegetable pasta salad meal is not only delicious but full of tasty, nutrient-rich ingredients you’ll love.
16 fl. Oz. Water
3/8 tsp. granulated salt
1.6 oz. dry rotini pasta
3.5 oz. carrots, sliced
2 ¼ oz. cauliflower
2 ¼ oz. broccoli florets
1 ¾ oz. zucchini, diced
1 ¼ oz. red peppers, diced
4 tbsp. French salad dressing
- Add salt to water and cook rotini pasta until al dente. Drain well and let cool.
- Steam carrots until tender-crisp. Drain and chill.
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli into florets and slice stems (peel broccoli stems before slicing if they appear tough). Steam until just tender. Drain and chill.
- Combine chilled steamed vegetables and diced vegetables with pasta in large bowl.
- Poor French salad dressing over mixture and let marinate for two hours.