Recipe of the month: pasta primavera
Feed More’s Community Kitchen staff and volunteers prepare a variety of meals each week that are delicious and rich in nutrients and healthy ingredients. We’re excited to share some of our favorite recipes that our recipients enjoy through programs like Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program and the Kids Cafe!
Nothing says comfort food quite like a delicious pasta dish. This pasta primavera will warm your heart with every bite as well as give you all the benefits of lots of vegetables. Our recipe includes carrots, cauliflower and squash, but feel free to use whatever veggies are in season and in your fridge!
And be sure to keep this entrée in your book of recipes for a fun, nutritious and enjoyable family night!
1/8 tsp. parsley, minced
1/3 tsp. dried basil
5 oz. squash, sliced
5 oz. cauliflower, chopped
1 ¼ tbsp. oil
1 oz. carrots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
7 ½ oz. dry egg noodles
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Once warm, add parsley, green vegetables, onions, garlic and basil.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Vegetables should still be crunchy.
- Season finished sauce with pepper. Mix well.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Toss pasta with sauce and top with parmesan cheese.