Giving Your Time
Every weekday, kind and compassionate people come through our doors to help our community. These caring individuals volunteer to help us extend our impact and help our neighbors in need.
We have a variety of opportunities for both individuals and groups who’d like to get involved. From sorting perishable and nonperishable donations to preparing and packaging food in our Bayard Community Kitchen or delivering our Meals on Wheels, there is something for everyone at Feed More.
Here are our ways that you can help:
- Meals on Wheels and Children Programs Drivers
- You will deliver individually prepared and package meals to neighbors in need.
- Sort and package food in our Warehouse
- You will help on an assembly line to create boxes of food.
- Prepare and package meals in our Kitchen
- You will help portion and package meals for our Meals on Wheels and Children’s Programs.
- Assist with our Hunger Hotline
- You will be the direct line in explaining resources to neighbors in need.
- Use your talents in our skills-based positions
To start your volunteer journey with us, please click on one of the options below:
If you are a current volunteer, please head to our Volunteer Portal to register or log in to your account!
If you need help navigating Volunteer Matters, please head to our short video for an overview of the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Feed More takes its commitment to responsible volunteerism seriously. In adherence to CDC guidelines, volunteers must establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as an accommodation or (c) test each week and provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning each Monday or their scheduled start to the workweek.
Please follow the guidelines below when volunteering:
- Do not volunteer if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Do not volunteer if you have been near someone who is sick.
- Do not volunteer if you or someone you have been in contact with has traveled in the past 14 days.
- Practice physical distancing during your shift.
- Masks are optional while on our campus.
What is the minimum age requirement for volunteers?
- Due to safety restrictions in our warehouse and Community Kitchen, all volunteers working on our campus during normal operating hours must be 16 years or older.
Are there evening or weekend volunteer opportunities?
- All volunteer opportunities are during Feed More’s regular business hours of Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Does Feed More accept court-mandated community service?
- While we do have a program that allows volunteers to fulfill court mandated hours, we work primarily with minor traffic violations and do not accept any charges stemming from distribution of drugs, assault, theft, weapons or dishonesty. Individuals needing court-mandated or pre-court volunteer hours must complete the appropriate application and include their caseworker/lawyer’s contact information for verification.
Does Feed More accept school-required community service?
- Feed More does permit students in need of school-required community service to volunteer, but all opportunities are during regular business hours.
Am I able to schedule my own volunteer hours?
- Shifts are scheduled based on operational needs. You must be able to commit to the duration of the shift and times are not able to be adjusted.
Can I volunteer with a friend or family member?
- If you wish to volunteer with a particular person you will both need to submit an application and register for the same shift.
Are background checks required?
- All volunteers who are driving for either Meals on Wheels or Children’s Program must pass a general background check. There is no cost for the background check.
What if I am late to my shift?
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled shift time, then you may not be accommodated.
Will I be able to cook the food?
- Volunteers are able to assist as sous chefs helping prepare the ingredients used by Feed More cooks, but our volunteers do not cook.
Does Feed More provide vehicles for Meals on Wheels drivers?
- Volunteers use their personal vehicles to deliver meals to our Meals on Wheels clients.
Does Feed More provide mileage reimbursement for drivers?
- Feed More is not able to provide reimbursement for volunteers who drive to deliver for Meals on Wheels and/or Children’s Programs. You may be able to itemize volunteer mileage on their taxes.
How can my company or organization get involved in volunteering?
- Just complete the online volunteer application for corporate and civic groups.
- Warehouse opportunities are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m.-noon.
- Kitchen opportunities are available on Monday-Friday with various shifts from 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Children’s program opportunities are available on select Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and Wednesdays 1 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Gleaning opportunities are available through our partner agency Healthy Harvest during harvesting season.