Giving Your Time
Every weekday, kind and compassionate people come through our doors to help our community. From preparing and packaging food in our Bayard Community Kitchen or delivering our Meals on Wheels, there is something for everyone at Feed More.
To start your volunteer journey with us, please click on one of the options below:
If you are not sure where you want to volunteer, sign up for a screening call and one of our volunteer experts will find the right spot for you.
If you need help navigating Volunteer Matters, please head to our short video for an overview of the site.
Learn more about what you’ll do during your volunteer shift:
- Deliver meals to neighbors in need as a Meals on Wheels and Children Programs Drivers
- Sort and package food in our Warehouse
- Prepare and package meals in our Bayard Community Kitchen
- Assist with explaining resources to neighbors in need through our Hunger Hotline
Learn More about our programs by watching this video!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age requirement for volunteers?
- Due to safety restrictions in our warehouse and Bayard Community Kitchen, all volunteers working on our campus during normal operating hours must be 16 years or older.
Are there evening or weekend volunteer opportunities?
- All volunteer opportunities are during Feed More’s regular business hours of Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Does Feed More accept court-mandated community service?
- While we do have a program that allows volunteers to fulfill court mandated hours, we work primarily with minor traffic violations and do not accept any charges stemming from distribution of drugs, assault, theft, weapons or dishonesty. Individuals needing court-mandated or pre-court volunteer hours must complete the appropriate application and include their caseworker/lawyer’s contact information for verification.
- To sign-up for court related or pre-trial community service, please click here!
Does Feed More accept school-required community service?
- Feed More does permit students in need of school-required community service to volunteer, but all opportunities are during regular business hours.
Am I able to schedule my own volunteer hours?
- Shifts are scheduled based on operational needs. You must be able to commit to the duration of the shift and times are not able to be adjusted.
Can I volunteer with a friend or family member?
- If you wish to volunteer with a particular person you will both need to submit an application and register for the same shift.
Are background checks required?
- All volunteers who are driving for either Meals on Wheels or Children’s Program must pass a general background check. There is no cost for the background check.
What if I am late to my shift?
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled shift time, then you may not be accommodated.
Will I be able to cook the food?
- Volunteers are able to assist as sous chefs helping prepare the ingredients used by Feed More cooks, but our volunteers do not cook.
Does Feed More provide vehicles for Meals on Wheels drivers?
- Volunteers use their personal vehicles to deliver meals to our Meals on Wheels clients.
Does Feed More provide mileage reimbursement for drivers?
- Feed More is not able to provide reimbursement for volunteers who drive to deliver for Meals on Wheels and/or Children’s Programs.
How can my company or organization get involved in volunteering?
- Group opportunities are available for the warehouse, kitchen and children’s programs. Click on the links below to see available times to volunteer. A point of contact for the group can create an account in Volunteer Matters an sign their group up using one of the below links.
- Warehouse opportunities are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m.-noon.
- Bayard Community Kitchen opportunities are available on Monday-Friday with various shifts from 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Children’s program opportunities are available on select Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and Wednesdays 1 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Packing and loading opportunities are Monday-Friday from 9:30 a.m.- 11 a.m.
Feed More takes its commitment to responsible volunteerism seriously. Currently Feed more does not require proof of COVID-19 Vaccination but will follow the guidance of the CDC should a spike occur in the future.
Please follow the guidelines below when volunteering:
- Do not volunteer if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Do not volunteer if you have been near someone who is sick.
- Practice physical distancing during your shift.
- Masks are optional while on our campus.