We are so very fortunate to be a part of such a generous community. In these uncertain times, we are stronger together and our incredible community is helping ensure we’re able to distribute nutritious food to those who find themselves in need. The examples of selfless giving sustains us and keeps us focused on carrying out our mission.
Here are just a few things that have warmed our hearts during the past few weeks:
- A couple, who once received our Meals on Wheels, and are now in a position to help others and are donating their stimulus check to Feed More.
- Countless individuals and businesses across Central Virginia have launched creative, and socially distant, fundraisers to support our mission.
- As many of our volunteers had to abide by corporate policies restricting group activities, we’ve been heartened by others, including the younger members of our community, who have stepped up to help.
- One of our Agency Network members that serves Lunenburg and Nottoway counties received $10,000 worth of inventory from a local grocery store that had to close.
- More than 1,000 new donors have provided gifts of all ranges and many donors have increased their support.
This outpouring of support is helping us focus our activity and energy on meeting a steadily increasing need today, while we prepare for the unknown challenges that lie before us. We are closely monitoring the changing nature of this outbreak and adapting our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our clients, volunteers, community partners and staff.
We are proud to be able to help our neighbors throughout Central Virginia and privileged to be trusted by all those who honor us with their support. At this unprecedented time, we are truly humbled to see the ongoing support of our work to help our community through this pandemic.
Thank you for your assistance and thoughtfulness!