Help Feeding More
Food donations play a vital role in our ability to serve the needs of our communities. Make an active and hands-on contribution to fighting hunger in Central Virginia by hosting a food drive- in person or online!
We welcome food donations from individuals, groups and food industry donors.
Food Drive Toolkit
Make your food drive a success. Here are some items to help you in your food collection:
Once you’ve completed your food drive:
- Drop off your donations at 1601 Rhoadmiller St., Richmond 23220. Go to our Community Donation Door (it’s the door with oranges on it) Tuesday – Friday noon -4:00p.m., and our staff can help unload and weigh your donations. You can also drop nonperishable donations off anytime in the orange bins in the parking lot.
- If you need to make a donation outside those times, please contact us.
- Midas of Richmond has permanent food donation containers for collection of nonperishable food items at several locations:
- In Richmond: 5301 W. Broad St., 11463 W. Broad St. and 10160 Hull St. Rd.
- In Colonial Heights: 1400 Boulevard
- If you have a large donation, over 250 pounds, please contact us to schedule a time to pick up your donation.
If you need any assistance, please just let us know!
Host an Online Food Drive
By participating in an online food drive you’re able to purchase some of the items Feed More needs most to help nourish our community. Simply visit our YouGiveGoods site choose your items, purchase them and they will be delivered to Feed More. If your company, organization or family, would like to start your own virtual food drive, please contact us.
Rather have an online fundraiser where your monetary donation allows us to leverage our extensive buying power to make an even bigger impact? Just click here. Every dollar provides four meals to those in need! Learn how to set up your online fundraiser by wathcing our video!
In the Food Industry and Want to Donate?
Feed More depends on the generosity of the food industry to nourish our community. We recover excess product from manufacturers, wholesalers, growers, packers, grocers and more. We gladly accept product that is safe for consumption, yet is unsaleable for a number of reasons.
Donate your company products. If you are in the food service business, you can donate prepared and perishable food or household products for local people in need.
Join our Retail Recovery Program. Feed More can be an active partner in your company’s food sustainability programs. Local grocers and suppliers can contribute, rather than waste, perfectly safe, perishable foods that are unsaleable.
Please contact our Senior Procurement Manager to learn about the products or produce that our community needs and how you can best contribute.
The Good Samaritan Law
Federal law encourages the donation of food and grocery products to nonprofit organizations for distribution to needy individuals. The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act clarifies your protection from civil and criminal liability from products donated in good faith and standardizes these protections across all 50 states.
As a member of Feeding America’s food bank network, Feed More continues to meet or exceed the same federal food-handling and safety regulations that govern the food and grocery industry. For complete text of the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, visit the Feeding America Web site at FeedingAmerica.org.