Become A Food Bank Partner Agency
Dear Prospective Partner Agency:
Thank you for expressing an interest in membership with FeedMore’s Central Virginia Food Bank. If you are interested in or are just starting a food pantry, please begin by reading the "Organizing a Food Pantry Guide" HERE. Your food pantry should be operational for 2-3 months before submitting a Partner Agency Application.
Before you begin to complete the Application, please refer to the following section of "Requirements and Steps” necessary to meet/take prior to submission of an application. If your organization qualifies and decides to seek membership, your application must include one of the following qualifying documents:
- Church Qualifier (supplied by CVFB) SEE FORM HERE
- IRS 501(c)3 Letter (supplied by partner)
The Application and the Agency Agreement will be clear where additional documentation or paperwork is needed.
All prospective new partner agencies are required to attend a New Members' Orientation as one of the steps in the membership process. Orientations are held the last week of every-other month, alternating Tuesdays 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm (January, May and September) or Mondays 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (March, July and November). In addition to New Members' Orientation, all new agencies are required to have two representatives certified with Food Safety/ServSafe training. Organizations may seek this required certification on their own, through local resources or training that your Department of Health or Restaurant Association partners may know about. FeedMore offers this training monthly, on a varied schedule. (CLICK HERE for the 2017 Training Schedule). You must RSVP to attend any of the training events; if a minimum number of people are not pre-registered, we may cancel orientation. To RSVP, visit http://webforms.cvfb.org, enter "NEW" in the field for Agency ID #, then click "Event RSVP" and follow the clicks to the appropriate event.
Again, thanks for your interest in becoming a part of FeedMore's Partner Agencies. If you have questions or need further information, the Agency Relations team is here to assist - please don't hesitate to call us at 521-2500.
Warren Hammonds, Agency Relations Director
Sylvia Moore, Agency Relations Administrative Coordinator
Ana Puckett, Program Assistant (Food Referral)
Agency & Regional Relations Managers
Sarah Dovel (NW Region)
Erin Lingo (NE Region)
Anthony Johnson (SW Region)
Kristina Morton (SE Region)
How To Become a Partner Agency - Requirements and Steps for New Agencies
An organization is expected to meet the following prerequisites in order to apply for affiliation with FeedMore:
1) Have a current 501(c)3 registration status with the IRS or be a Church as defined by the IRS.
2) Be an organization whose purpose it is, or operate a program designed, to provide emergency food to those in need, or provide meals to a targeted population who would be at-risk otherwise.*
3) Located in an area deemed by FeedMore to be in need of additional emergency food providers.**
4) The food service program should be currently operating for a 2-3 month period in order to show budgetary and distribution sustainability. Records of expeditures, families served, and amount of foods distributed should be maintained. Distribution sustainability is expected at a level of providing at least three days of meals per person served (approximately 11 pounds per individual).
5) Be committed to use dry (shelf-stable), frozen and perishable foods regularly within its programs, and have on-site refrigeration and freezer storage capacity to accomodate a minimum of 25% of the program's distribution.
6) Have on-site computer and internet access for ease of communication and reporting.
7) Agrees to be listed on FeedMore's online search tool and willing to indicate affiliation with FeedMore on agency signage.
*Child care or Senior Centers whose purpose it is to serve low-income families and targeted Rehabilitation Programs/Agencies are among those which could qualify. Group Homes and/or Schools that serve meals to residents/students as part of their primary program may not qualify.
**Will be based on such factors as the area's Food Insecurity, and the strength and location of other Food Bank agencies and partners.
Once an organization meets the above criteria, Application Steps are as follows:
1) Complete the written Application HERE, with ALL supporting documents as indicated.
2) Have appropriate program representatives attend Agency Orientation.
3) Have at least two appropriate individuals trained in Food Safety - for Pantries, basic Food Handling; for Meal Sites, ServSafe (8-hr. class) certification required.
4) Work with appropriate Food Bank staff in scheduling and conducting a Site Visit in completion of the Site Inspection Checklist. CLICK HERE FOR CHECKLIST
5) Understand and agree to all criteria of the Membership Agreement HERE and have appropriate Agency representative to sign.
NOTE: a new agency will not be accepted until all of the above are met/completed.