Central Virginia Food Bank
Hunger is a year-round issue and one that nearly 200,000 children, families and seniors across our community face each and every day.
Although this number is somewhat daunting, there is hope.
With the support of our wonderful community, we are able to make a real and positive impact on the lives of the folks who need it most.
DID YOU KNOW…
- Our Central Virginia Food Bank brings hunger relief to 34 counties and cities in our region by acquiring food and distributing it to our network of 320 partner agencies to help the food-insecure individuals in the communities where they live.
- We provide nearly 51,000 meals each day to our neighbors in Central Virginia who struggle with hunger.
- In 2015, more than 21.7 million pounds of food was donated from 1,121 donors.
- We work with 170 retail merchants, manufacturers and processing plants to keep the shelves of our Distribution Center stocked.
- Through 1,668 food drives held in 2015, we collected more than 838,000 pounds of food.