Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of over 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
Feed More Inc. seeks a full time Warehouse Assistant. The Warehouse Assistant will perform warehouse duties as assigned, assisting the Distribution Center Manager or Receiving Lead, as directed.
Reports To: Distribution Center Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time Hourly Non-exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
The Warehouse Assistant will perform basic warehouse duties primarily order selecting but will include unloading, put-away, and sanitation and maintenance in the Distribution Center. Other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- High School Diploma and at least two years of work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Forklift certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Work experience in warehouse operations and inventory control
- Familiar with the use of a computerized Warehouse Management System.
- Work experience operating a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse related equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, good time management skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, flexibility
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Ability to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate agency needs.
Ideally, will have:
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a distribution or warehouse environment
- Experience using handheld inventory devices
- Strong customer service expertise
- Food safety experience
- Knowledge of Foodbank programs and the mission of Foodbanks
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Job Title Warehouse Assistant !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.