Meal Packaging Supervisor
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
The Meal Packaging Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Meal Packaging component of the Community Kitchen operation including staff and volunteer supervision
Department: Community Kitchen
Reports To: Food Production Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: Meal Packaging Assistants, Volunteer Team Leads, Volunteer Crew
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates packaging of all trayed meals as well as bagged items to support the Meals on Wheels home delivered meal program and individual adult program meals.
- Liaison with Client Services for label production and meal counts
- Ensures that sanitation, labeling, special diet preparation and tray line protocols are followed.
- Responsible for monitoring, checking and sealing of individual meals.
- Confirms proper placement of entrée and side items adhering to any special instructions, portion control, allergies and dietary needs.
- Incorporates safe food handling practices into all job tasks.
- Follow department procedures for sanitation and quality assurance through temperature monitoring.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation. Compares and records correct count of meals.
- Input data via use of excel, spreadsheet or other kitchen programs.
- Reports product shortages or quality control problems to Chef. Responsible for regular maintenance of packaging machinery and food processing equipment and coolers.
- Ensures that meals are racked according to Meals on Wheels transportation logistics.
- Ordering of all packaging supplies and submits orders to chef for small bag components.
- Takes advantage of continuing education opportunities in the food service field.
- Attends regular staff meetings and in-service training.
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Associates degree and at least 5 years of work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- ServSafe Certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Ability to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment used in food preparation.
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs, occasional night and/ or weekend work may be required
Ideally, will have:
- Five to seven years previous work in food preparation, food service or restaurants
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations
- Strong customer service expertise
- Knowledge of Feed More programs, an awareness of how specific functions relate to programs and the mission of food banks
- Familiar with community feeding programs
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Meal Packaging Supervisor !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.