Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of over 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
A full-time employee to support the Health Initiatives strategic plan in our 29 counties and 5 municipalities. The Health Initiatives Programs Manager will be responsible for managing and expanding health programs and initiatives.
Reports To: Health Initiatives Director
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Implement, maintain and support program initiatives that adhere to the Health Initiative strategic goals and objectives
- Collaborate with Agency Relations, Operations and other departments to support network wide healthy food access and policies
- Participate in the Health Equity Work Group (HEWG) through the Federation of Virginia Food Banks
- Engage with neighbors and agencies through surveys, focus groups and other avenues to help inform program needs and design
- Implement program evaluation, data collection and logistics for prepared meals, grocery delivery, healthy pantries & healthcare partner programs
- Manage existing and expand healthy pantry program relationships – conduct on-site agency visits, training and support
- Manage existing and expand grocery delivery program relationships – conduct on-site agency visits, training and support
- Train and support the Community Health and Engagement Coordinator in Community Engagement operations including managing Unite Us platform, Hunger Hotline operations, volunteer management and training
- Participate in SNAP Outreach and Education – development and distribution of new outreach materials and facilitating food insecurity educational presentations
- Growing community relationships and connecting community based and social support organizations with our agency network
- Bachelor’s Degree: healthcare, public health, social services, or other related program
- 6+ years of experience in program coordination and/or management
- Experience facilitating communication across cross-functional teams
- The ability to lead, coach and develop volunteers and programs
- Commitment to improve the health of underserved individuals and families
- Works effectively with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience developing and facilitating presentations and reports that include data and technical information
- Proven competencies in using technology including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and other web-based platforms
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Travel required within counties served by Feed More and outside our serving area when required
Ideally, will have:
- Knowledge of health care industry, food assistance programs, hunger issues, and/or experience with social service agencies
- Proven ability to use research and data analysis to create and continually improve strategies
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Health Initiatives Programs Manager !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.