Food Donation Manager
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
We’re looking for:
The Food Donation position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a food sourcing strategy that will secure food for all programs of Feed More. This will involve relationship building with all aspects of the food industry, entailing significant contact with vendors, brokers and distributors. The Food Donations Manager will work cooperatively with the Development Department in cultivating relationships to support the Feed More organizations mission and goals in its entirety. The Food Donations Manager will work closely with Distribution Center, Quality Assurance & Allocation, and Transportation teams towards a goal of Operational Excellence.
Reports To: Senior Procurement Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Position: Full time, Monday – Friday, generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: Budget as assigned
What you’ll do:
- Identifies, cultivates, and coordinates community resources to include food donors and in-kind goods and services such as materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Calls on current and potential food donors on a regular basis to recognize current giving to maintain a positive relationship and to perpetuate increased giving potential.
- Ensures compliance of all contractual reporting deadlines to Feeding America relative to Donor receipting and On-time pickups.
- Takes ownership of the Affiliates Choice program to secure additional national donor products outside of the Feed More service area.
- Takes ownership of MealConnect, the web-based platform that is currently used to track donation and partner agency reporting
- Seeks partnerships and innovative ideas for launching new events that will generate food, heighten awareness and raise funds.
- Supervises the Retail/Emerging Retail Donations Program.
- Communicates closely with Operations staff including Transportation, Distribution Center, and Quality Assurance to provide optimum services to all areas of Feed More.
- Works closely with the Agency Relations Team in securing the appropriate agencies for the Retail Recovery program
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communication or a related field and at least two years of proven work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong understanding of food quality standards.
- Customer service background, strong interpersonal skills, good time management skills
- Familiarity with the food industry, including purchasing, retail sales, and marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities.
- Proficient in MS Office: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to meet crises calmly, solve problems, show attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, and work under deadlines
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must have own automobile and be prepared to use it on the job.
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs.
Ideally, will have:
- Strong customer service expertise.
- Retail grocery, food service, food manufacturing or food distribution experience.
- Experience using integrated ERP or POS systems.
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations.
- Previous food bank experience is a plus.
- In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter using the form below by July 26, 2021.
We kindly request no phone inquiries.
Apply Now: !!! Food Donation Manager !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.