Field Site Associate – Mechanicsville
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
We’re looking for:
The Meals on Wheels program at Feed More seeks a part-time Field Site Associate for the Mechanicsville area. This position is responsible for the weekly distribution of meals at this site.
Time commitment for a Field Site Associate is approximately 9:00 a.m. until 12 Noon (at work) and on call to run a Meals on Wheels Route until 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
Department: Programs – Meals on Wheels
Reports To: Field Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Part-time Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do and must have
- Assist in volunteer recruitment within site community. Provide orientation and training to new volunteers.
- Maintains accurate data and ensures timely entry / reporting of volunteer hours
- Effectively communicates with site volunteers to ensure service delivery needs are met
- Communicates with supervisor concerning volunteer needs
- Maintains volunteer relations to ensure retention
- Attends meetings, as required, at Feed More in Richmond, VA and/or other designated location
- Serves as a route driver to cover any volunteer cancellations within field site
- Provides, as needed, back-up support to other field site locations
- Maintains a positive relationship with host site representative(s)
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must have own automobile and be prepared to use it on the job (mileage reimbursement).
- Computer and smart phone skills required for utilizing Feed More email and work-related communications
- Cell phone required (monthly reimbursement)
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate needs of the agency.
- Must be flexible to handle emergencies before and after normal work hours and to be able to incorporate additional hours for seasonal activities.
This position is not eligible for company sponsored benefits.
** Position is perfect for retiree, student, or person looking for a fulfilling part-time job that allows community interaction as well as a close working relationship with a non-profit that provides food assistance and service to seniors, children, and families.
Apply Now: !!! Field Site Associate - Mechanicsville !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.