Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of over 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
The Meals on Wheels program at Feed More seeks a part-time Field Site Associate for the Goochland/Powhatan area. This is a job share position where you will work every other week. Responsible for daily distribution of meals at this satellite site.
Time commitment for a Field Site Associate is approximately 9:00 a.m. until 12 Noon (at work) and on call until 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
Department: Programs MOW
Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Part-time Hourly Nonexempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Maintain a positive relationship with host site
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have own automobile and be prepared to use it on the job (mileage reimbursement).
- Computer skills required for utilizing Feed More email and work related communications
- Cell phone required (monthly reimbursement)
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate needs of the agency.
- Must be flexible to handle emergency situations before and after normal work hours and to be able to incorporate additional hours for seasonal activities.
- Attend a quarterly meeting at Rhoadmiller Street Richmond location.
- Required to deliver a route, if there is a last minute volunteer cancellation.
- None – Part-time
** Position is perfect for retiree, student, or person looking for a fulfilling part-time job that allows community interaction as well as a close working relationship with a non-profit that provides food assistance and service to seniors, children, and families.
Apply Now: !!! Field Site Associate - Goochland/Powhatan !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.