Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of over 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
The Distribution Center Coordinator position coordinates the flow of information and provides logistical support to the distribution team. This position is accountable for ensuring accurate and timely data management to include report creation and generation; shipping and receiving data entry support; Agency Express order support; and compliance documentation. The position provides administrative and field support to a number of functions including warehouse, transportation, procurement, agency relations and community kitchen as required. The role requires strong computer skills and analytical reasoning, and candidates must work with a sense of urgency to complete assignments.
Reports To: Distribution Center Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time Hourly Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Establishes and maintains effective and efficient data entry processes, including reports ensuring accurate input of all receipts and orders into the database, validating items codes, quantities, and replenishment/shipping information.
- Maintains relevant documents including agency order submissions, order selection pick worksheets, posted shipments, receiving documentation, and other documents as needed.
- Works directly with management to schedule dock appointments and quickly resolve questions, update available products list, and works with Inventory Control and/or Customer Service to resolve any agency complaints.
- Working directly with the transportation department, coordinates and maintains delivery and distribution schedules.
- Manages data integrity in Ceres, reviewing inbound/outbound data and working with IC, DC, procurement, and transportation on issue resolution.
- Generates timely and accurate department reports.
- Assists procurement with marketing products to member agencies and other food banks, inventory reporting, and data entry of product orders.
- Assists in other areas of the Distribution Center, when possible, which may include agency checkout, receiving, order entry, customer service or other duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service to all agencies, volunteers, and staff while maintaining a high level of good stewardship.
- Keeps a clean and organized workspace.
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma and at least two years of work experience, or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least two years of experience working in a customer service capacity, preferred experience in food-related industry.
- The ability to interact and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to operate various work-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs including Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook, Excel) and Ceres (Microsoft Navision)
- Ability to complete Food Safety training.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- The work does require exposure to dangerous equipment or devices where safety initiatives are required.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform in a manner consistent with company vision and operating principles.
- Must have the ability to work in a Continuous Improvement team environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate organization needs.
- Must be willing to be trained and certified to operate forklift equipment to assist with checking in inventory and performing other receiving tasks as needed.
- Must be able to handle up to 50 lbs.
Ideally, will have:
- Experience with ERP data management systems or BS degree in Logistics/Management.
- Knowledge of Feed More programs and the mission of Feed More.
- Work experience in warehouse operations and inventory control.
- In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Distribution Center Coordinator!!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.