Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of over 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
Department: Operations – Community Kitchen
Reports To: Assistant Kitchen Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time Hourly Non Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Check with Chef at the beginning and end of each day
- Wash, drain and restock all pots, pans, dishes and utensils
- Change water in sinks regularly, using correct cleaning solutions, and wipe out sinks between refills
- Sweep and mop kitchen, receiving, shipping and hallway floors daily
- Sweep and mop office, walk-in coolers, restrooms and storage area weekly or more frequently as needed
- Assist with other cleaning tasks as needed
- Restrooms – wipe off the sinks and mirrors, remove trash regularly
- Before leaving:
- Be sure to sweep and mop the corners and under tables. Use the yellow brush as needed to get ‘gunk’ out of corners
- Dish area neat and clean. Dish-sink itself, inside & outside of sink & legs. Inside and exterior of dish machine, scrub the probe down at the bottom
- Floor mats, shake out and move as needed to clean floors
- Trash – take out regularly and last thing before leaving
- Clean all drains (14) daily
- Clean and shine back splash in pot & sink area
- Wash all of the kitchen mats weekly in the dish machine, last cycle of the day. Let mats dry over the rails on the back dock before returning to kitchen.
- Assist with “big cleaning” as necessary.
- Assist with kitchen prep as needed.
- Keep utility closet neat and clean.
- Trash Room – keep neat and tidy, hose down weekly, more frequently as needed.
- Sanitize all trash cans weekly
- Wipe and clean all doors, windows and stainless steel
- Hand sinks – clean and stock daily
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma and at least two years of work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- ServSafe Certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Ability to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior
- Complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code including personal hygiene
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs, occasional night and/ or weekend work may be required
Ideally, will have:
- Three to five years previous work in food service or restaurants
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations
- Strong customer service expertise
- Knowledge of Foodbank programs, an awareness of how specific functions relate to programs and the mission of Foodbanks
Company Benefits: In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter using the form below by July 21, 2021. We kindly request no phone inquiries.
Apply Now: !!! Dishwasher !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.