Director of Information Technology
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
We’re looking for:
An individual who oversees all planning, organizing, maintenance, security and execution of all aspects of Information Technology. Supports development and leads execution of Information Technology strategic plan. Builds relationships with business leaders to understand future needs and evaluate and recommend solutions. Develops appropriate IT policies and procedures and insures adherence to them. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with both internal and external constituencies. Manages and supports help desk functions which include troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
Reports To: Chief Financial and Technology Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: Outside consultants as needed
What you’ll do:
- Develop collaborative relationships across the enterprise to assess business needs, direction, and gaps with an eye toward solutions and continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain information technology plan for meeting current needs and future strategies.
- Work with CFO to ensure information technology is an integral part of the overall strategic plan.
- Oversee all planning, organizing and execution of all IT function.
- Develop, maintain and communicate information technology policies and practice and monitor adherence and the need to improve capacity, skill level or engagement and productivity of users.
- Recommend, inform and influence the organization’s technology decisions.
- Interact with internal clients on all levels to resolve IT related issues, provide support and technology solutions in a timely manner.
- Become subject matter expert for ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Ensure optimization of ERP system.
- Maintain system protocol by writing and updating procedures. Maintain updated technical system documentation.
- Ensure disaster risk mitigation and appropriate backup of all data.
- Oversee all security measures including HIPAA compliance, firewall maintenance and regular software security updates on all equipment.
- Ensure stable and appropriate infrastructure to support day-to-day activities
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage technology vendors and manage the various technology updates/upgrades.
- Lead efforts to evolve core architecture including the website, CRM, and ERP systems.
- Assist with day-to-day IT help desk requests as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with emphasis on I.T. or an I.T. related field
- 5 years of proven work experience in Information Technology
- Track record of leading successful and innovative IT projects and solutions
- Passion for IT and improving the tools and capabilities of the organization
- Passion for improving the lives of others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service mindset
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
- Strategic thinker with foresight and a track record of offering solutions that meet the needs of a changing landscape
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous improvement and automation testing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of varied software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to meet crises calmly and show initiative and flexibility in day-to-day operations
- Must have flexible schedule and be willing to work in the evenings and on weekends, when necessary.
Ideally, will have:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with emphasis on I.T. or an I.T. related field
- Proficiency in MS Project
- Strong familiarity with computer hardware and networks.
- Knowledge of Feed More programs and the mission of Feed More and food banking
- In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.