Director of Individual Giving
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
We’re looking for:
The Director of Individual Giving will be a seasoned development professional with a track record stewarding long term relationships who will oversee the Relationship Management of major gift donors and prospects at Feed More and help develop an effective Mid-level donor program. S/he will be a key member of a highly collaborative team environment while fulfilling the primary role in leading our individual giving strategy.
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: Planned and Leadership Gifts Officer, Prospect Manager
Budgetary Responsibilities: Yes
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of donors with a minimum portfolio value of $1MM working with a baseline of donors giving a minimum of $10,000
- Review and assign donors to relationship managers ensuring best opportunity for donors to make their highest and best gift
- Work with the Prospect Manager to oversee a dynamic relationship management process and help the development team maintain active portfolios
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, develop short and long term strategies and plans to increase giving from individual donors.
- Ensure all major donors receive appropriate and consistent acknowledgement, engagement and updates on the impact that their gifts have on community needs
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about programmatic activities, maintaining the capacity to converse with donors regarding our work and impact
- With support from the development administration team, measure, track and report progress against revenue targets and other established metrics (such as new donors, retained donors, cultivation moves, etc.).
- Work with Marketing/Communications to establish and maintain an effective Mid-Level Giving program to cultivate and steward $1000-$10,000 donors
- Manage appropriate maintenance of donor and other constituent data in Raiser’s Edge-NXT
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and a minimum of 10 years prior work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrated experience soliciting major gifts and engaging with donors
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills with strong aptitude for relationship building and management
- Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written. Ability to perform and communicate in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Trustworthy – ability to work with and process confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred
- In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.