Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
The Development Associate provides overall support for fundraising activity within the Development Office, especially focused on corporate and foundation giving. This position helps maintain data within administrative databases including Blackbaud’s RENXT. The Development Associate assists with grant applications and with donor stewardship.
Reports To: Director of Grants Management
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Position: Monday – Friday, generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Prepare funding reports and applications for funding and assist with proposal development for corporations, foundations and government agencies.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement correspondence for donors according to office gift acknowledgement procedures and maintain Raiser’s Edge contact records
- Serve as back-up for all data entry and reconciliation of reporting with finance
- Collaborate with all Feed More staff to help build collegial working relationships among all who work, volunteer, and receive services from the organization
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with colleagues within Development and throughout Feed More
- Exhibit Feed More’s values of Stewardship, Passion, Respect, and Well-being in all aspects of the incumbent’s activity
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and a minimum of 2 years prior work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. Experience with Blackbaud’s RENXT is preferred
- Strong customer service experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data analysis skills are preferred
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborator
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Ability to meet crises calmly
- Professional and mature manner, with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience handling confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Development Associate!!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.