Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both a moral imperative, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
A full-time Data Analyst/Admin to support our cross organizational data systems, and improve our data management, data quality, and analytics. The Data Analyst/Admin plays a critical role in developing our operational data practices, data security, data integrity, system interoperability and in managing our data systems. This position will be responsible for helping the organization to mature our data strategies and implement effective changes within our existing systems. Additionally, they will be responsible for the interoperability of internal systems with external agency data stores.
As part of the Information Technology Team, you will be supporting our efforts to utilize data and more effectively understand those we serve in our 34 city and county service areas. We are looking for a data professional fluent in best practices and a broad range of data standards to collaborate with our data-savvy professionals and help drive us toward data driven decision making. If you have a proven record of accomplishment and passion for data, cross team collaboration, best practices, data visualization, communicating effectively with diverse customers and a collaborative and analytical approach to your work, we highly encourage you to apply.
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Develop data practices and standards in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Facilitate, initiate, and manage data transformation and data migrations within our vendor data systems and in-house systems.
- Document accepted data practices and communicate with and train staff on evolving practices and standards.
- Develop queries, reports, data dashboards, and data exports.
- Monitor the health of various data systems and remediate.
- Manage and monitor user access and basic data systems for integrity, security, and reliability.
- Work with management team to structure an analytic environment that supports ongoing
- problem-solving, leveraging expanding data tied to people (our clients) and ending local hunger.
- Collaborate to develop analytical presentations to share with senior leadership, key stakeholders, research partners, and donors.
- Develop simplified/consumable training materials for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Train staff and partner agency staff in best practices for data use, data analysis, and data systems, as needed.
- Participate in planning and maintain an organizational view of data practices to recommend changes and help steward a constant improvement process.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information systems, data analytics, statistics, mathematics, economics, social science research, or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar role
- Strong understanding of data standards, data management lifecycles, and data integrity.
- Understanding of data APIs, data export/import processes, data formats.
- Understanding of standard RDBMS systems, JSON, XML, and CSV data formats.
- Experience with data visualizations, data reporting, and data dashboards.
- Awareness of data security, user role management, and disciplined data management processes.
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task; strong problem solving and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated success in team environments.
- Experience working with diverse populations and levels of computer/technology skills.
Ideally, will have:
- Proficiency with SQL Server or other RDBMS systems.
- Understanding of REST and other data APIs
- Working data analytics and reporting.
- Understanding and experience utilizing data to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Ability to engage and communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to quickly master new software/technology and online tools
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM), Donor Management
systems, Volunteer management systems, or Inventory systems.
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Data Analyst !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.