Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
We’re looking for:
Feed More, Inc. seeks a full time Cook to prep and cook large quantity standardized recipes according to exact specifications to ensure correct quantity and quality of all foods; adheres to dietary requirements of multiple programs. Ability to interact closely with volunteer staff on recipe execution and safe food handling practices.
Department: Community Kitchen
Reports To: Food Production Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time hourly non-exempt
Provide direction for volunteers
- Work closely with large pool of volunteers that may have limited cooking experience
- Ensure safety of volunteers using multiple pieces of commercial food service equipment
- Ensure follow through of proper sanitation of workspace and equipment
- Ensure ServSafe practices followed to eliminate the possibility of cross contamination and maintenance of proper food temperatures
- Ensure recipes are followed accurately and consistently
- Ensure that volunteers have a good experience and receive value for their time investment
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Prep and execute recipes for large quantity standardized recipes according to exact specifications to ensure correct quantity and quality of all foods
- Oversee and assist volunteers with prep and recipe execution and adherence to safe food handling practices
- Incorporate safe food handling practices into all job tasks
- Follow department procedures for sanitation and temperature monitoring
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation
- Monitor equipment and report any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor
- Review daily production with supervisor
- Maintain clean and safe working environment, sanitizing counters and sweep & mop the floor throughout the day
- Restock area with clean utensils
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- High School Diploma and at least two years of formal culinary education or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- ServSafe Certification required
- Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Ability to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs, occasional night and/ or weekend work may be required
Ideally, will have:
- Prefer experience with large production food service operation
- Three to five years previous work in food preparation, food service or restaurants
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations working with volunteers
- Familiar with community feeding programs
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter by September 23, 2021. Please use the form below.
We kindly request no phone inquiries.
Apply Now: !!! Cook !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.