Agency and Regional Relations Manager
Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
At Feed More, we want everyone to have a seat at the table. We envision our table as a lively gathering of wonderfully, unique individuals where differences are encouraged and appreciated. And, of course, our table is full of good, nutritious food.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy is both the right thing to do, and a compelling business rationale. Feed More recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage and our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. That’s why Feed More is committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent.
We’re looking for:
The Agency and Regional Relations Manager concentrates on a geographical region within our service area, addressing issues of hunger through our network of agencies and other Feed More Programs as well as community partnerships supporting food insecurity in the region.
Reports To: Director of Agency and Regional Relations
FLSA Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What you’ll do:
- Work with Agency Relations, Children’s and Senior Nutrition/Feeding programs to identify appropriate partners and resources needed to reach FeedMore’s strategic goals with our service area.
- Identify and be familiar with potential partners, networks and resources and develop county and regional relationships that promote equitable food distribution.
- Assist in the development of equitable food distribution plans while searching for greater efficiencies in food distribution.
- Advise agencies on building capacity for food distribution and more effective distribution models; provide ongoing technical assistance to agencies; and support agencies in the development of new/innovative programs.
- Assist with strategic planning as it relates to organization goals of efficient and equitable food distribution.
- Insure that all aspects of Food Safety and other compliance guidelines including USDA Regulations are followed.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communications with member agencies, FeedMore partners and internally with FeedMore Staff.
- Conduct/ represent FeedMore at community, county and regional gatherings to promote hunger awareness and collaborative efforts which address the needs of the food insecure.
- Participate in Agency Orientation and topical trainings and workshops to promote hunger awareness and collaborative efforts which address the needs of the food insecure.
- Identify and engage in professional development activities to enhance skills needed for successful job performance.
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of proven work experience in an area of social services or related field or a combination of education and experience that will provide
- Food Safety Certification or the ability to certify
- Strong interpersonal skills, good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze comprehensive demographic data to support enhancement of feeding programs
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities.
- Public Speaking proficiency, including presentation to both small and large groups.
- Show initiative, flexibility and a passion for working in a team environment.
- Must have a current Va. Driver’s license and good driving record;
- Must be familiar with the greater Richmond-Petersburg metro area
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs; some overtime and weekends will be required.
Ideally, will have:
- Experience in community organizing
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations, hunger relief/food bank
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.
Apply Now: !!! Agency and Regional Relations Manager !!!
Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.