Who We Are
How We Help
Dedicated to turning hunger into hope for the nearly 200,000 food-insecure children, families and seniors in Central Virginia, FeedMore distributes 51,000 meals each day through our comprehensive programs and network of more than 300 partner agencies.
• FeedMore’s Kids Cafe provides thousands of children at risk of hunger with a nutritious snack and/or hot healthy evening meal at afterschool programs throughout our region during the school year.
• Created to ensure food-insecure children continue to receive meals when school is not in session, FeedMore’s Summer Food Service Program provides healthy meals free of charge at sites across our community.
• Dedicated to helping ensure students have food over the weekend come back on Monday ready to learn, FeedMore’s BackPack program provides thousands of students at schools across our regions with six nutritious, easy-to-prepare meals during the weekend or a holiday.
• Part of the Food Referral Program, FeedMore’s Hunger Hotline helps connect individuals who call in and need emergency food assistance with a local partner agency or pantry.
• FeedMore’s Mobile Pantry distributes a variety of healthy food items to communities or area where there is limited access to grocery stores.
• Focused on individuals who have no reliable means for maintaining a healthy diet, our Meals on Wheels program helps keep homebound seniors and disabled neighbors independent and in their own homes for as long as possible.
• The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) focuses on providing low-income seniors who are at risk of malnutrition with a monthly box of wholesome food to supplement their diet, while helping stretch their food budget.
FeedMore’s Partner Agency Network
• FeedMore’s Partner Agency Network is made up of more than 300 agencies including pantries, emergency shelters, rehab centers, soup kitchens and senior and child care centers.
• Our Partner Agency Network helps us further extend our reach and positively impact the children, families and seniors who struggle with hunger throughout Central Virginia by providing our neighbors in need with nutritious meals in the communities where they live.
• The members of our Partner Agency Network are pretty diverse. From small church-based organizations that rely solely on volunteers to more sophisticated operations that include a formal Board of Directors and employees, we appreciate the support of all our Partner Agency Network members.